Top Hotel Management Entrance Exams in India - In order to pursue a career in hotel management , the most important thing you should know is the top hotel management entrance exams. While NCHMCT is the most common entrance examination for attaining a seat in the top level IHM’s , the Council also centrally runs and regulates academics for B.Sc.Hospitality & Hotel Administration and ten other structured courses of study. Some of the renowned hotels also conduct their own programmes and entrance exams like Oberoi-STEP exam organized by the Oberoi Hotel and Groups. Aspirants need not pay any application fee while appearing for STEP exam. Hence appearing for hotel-run-examinations has its own perks. Hospitality sector, after the Information Technology sector, is a vast sector which is capable of turning amateur workers to professional executives in the country. To get into it you should be known of the top hotel management entrance exams in India. This article will enlighten you about the top hotel management entrance exams-national, state or university level or hotel management entrance examinations.
Latest: [Want to Know Colleges, Specialization to Apply on the basis of your NCHM JEE Scores, Click here]
Level of entrance exam
Name of entrance exam
Exam for UG/PG
NCHM JEE 2020
AIMA UGAT 2020
Both UG and PG
UPSEE BHMCT 2020
MAH CET HM 2020
WBJEE HM 2020
IPU CET 2020
Hotel run exams
Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa
We have provided here the detailed information and the intrinsics on exam conducting authority, hotel management courses and number of participating colleges/institutes for falling into the category of top notch management entrance exams in India.
Know your admission chances
1. National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination (NCHMCT JEE): National Council of Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE) is a national level hotel management entrance exam which offers admission to qualifying candidates on basis of their merit and rank. The Council centrally runs and regulates academics for B.Sc.Hospitality & Hotel Administration and ten other structured courses of study imparted at the affiliated 21 Central Institutes, 25 State Government Institutes, 01 Public Sector Undertaking and 24 Private Institutes of Hotel Management. NCHM JEE 2020 is conducted by the National Testing Agency. The Bsc. program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The hotel management courses it offers are:
B.Sc in Hotel and Hospital Administration
M.Sc in Hotel and Hospital Administration
Duration of the course:
Bsc. HHA-3 years
Msc. HHA-2 years
2. AIMA UGAT BHM: All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) at national/ international level to offer admission to qualifying candidates. The entrance exam is conducted to offer admission to qualified candidates in the hotel management course of BHMprogramme at an undergraduate level. The exam is conducted across various cities in India. It is an offline exam of three hours duration.
Click here to know AIMA UGAT BHM participating institutes.
1. Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (UPSEE BHMCT): UPSEE BHMCT is a state level entrance exam that offers admission to students in Bachelor of hotel management and catering technology. UPSEE 2020 will be conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The Constitution of Admission Board( CAB) decides about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. The hotel management course offered by it are:
Course offered: Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Duration of the course: 3 years
2. Maharashtra Hotel Management Common Entrance Test (MAH HM CET): State level competitive hotel management entrance examination Maharashtra Hotel Management Common Entrance Test or MAH HM CET is conducted to offer admissions to qualifying candidates for four years duration of full time undergraduate Hotel Management & Catering Technology course. The offered hotel management course is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and will be offered by government institutes, government aided or unaided, and University Departments of institutes located in Maharashtra State. This year MAH BHMCT will be held on May 10,2020.
Course offered: Bachelors of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
Duration of the course: 4 years
3. West Bengal Joint Entrance for Hospital Management (WB JEHOM): The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board is the authority which conducts JEHOM. The exam is held for admission to the undergraduate course of Bachelors in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) in the institutions in the state of West Bengal.
Course offered: Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management & Catering Technology(HMCT)
4. Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology(AIHMCT): Admission to the BHM degree course at the Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore, will be based on the merit of the candidates who take the Online Admission Test. Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management (BHM) is a four year degree programme. This hotel management course is structured to provide a high level of professional education with training to meet the latest trends in the Global Hospitality Industry. The Institute is affiliated to Bangalore North University, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and NAAC accredited.
Course offered: Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management
1. IPU CET: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission to the hotel management course like Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology. The exam is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University once in a year to offer admission at its affiliated colleges/institutes. The entrance is usually conducted in the month of March every year.
2. Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test: PUTHAT is conducted by the Panjab University to offer admissions for B.Sc program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (H&HA) and Tourism Management. The Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) shall be open to all such candidates who have passed (up to the Academic Session 2019-2020) in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council. The hotel management courses offered by it are:
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
3. CUET: Christ University Entrance Test is conducted for admission to BHM( Bachelor in Hotel Management) degree which is a four year intensive programme. It is deemed to be a university. The infrastructural capabilities of the department can support a 4-year programme with class strength of 60 students. Eligibility for the programme is a pass at the +2 level (Karnataka PUC / ISC / CBSE / NIOS / State Boards) in any stream (Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce & Management, Sciences) from any recognised Board in India.
Course offered: Bachelor of Hotel Management
Hotel specific entrance exam/test
A few prestigious hotels offer their own hotel-specific course/program. The list includes-The Oberoi Group which offers a Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP) programme. Furthermore selected candidates do not have to pay course fees for the programme. Institute of Hotel management, Aurangabad (affiliated to Taj Hotels and Resorts Limited) offers a B.A. (Hons) in Hotel management and B.A (Hons.) in Culinary.
1.Oberoi- STEP: This exam is conducted by the Oberoi Group to offer admissions for two programmes namely “The Hotel Operations Programme” and “The Kitchen Operations Programme”. The course aims at training candidates in core operational departments of a hotel and offers practical training to qualifying candidates at their assigned hotels of The Oberoi Group in various parts of the country. On successful completion of the programme, candidates will be awarded a Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS) degree from IGNOU and will also receive a “Certificate of Proficiency” from The Oberoi Group.
Course offered: Hotel Operations Programme and Kitchen Operations Programme
2.IHM Aurangabad Entrance Exam: The Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad was set up with the joint efforts of Dr. Rafiq Zakaria’s - Maulana Azad Educational Trust and Taj Group with aim to create high quality centre in hospitality education. The Indian hotel chain Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces provides technical assistance for the course. Selected candidates are offered with training/internship at Vivanta by Taj - Aurangabad.
BA (Hons) Hotel Management
BA (Hons) Culinary Arts
3. Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa Entrance Test: The hospitality institute Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa is certified by Ecole HÃ´teliÃ¨rue de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland. The institute is located in Maharashtra and provides two business internships to candidates at hotels in India or abroad.
Courses offered: Hospitality Management programme
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus 2020 - National Testing Agency (NTA) released NCHMCT JEE 2020 syllabus for th...
NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern 2020 - Candidates who wish to sit for the entrance exam should go through...
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 - The National Testing Agency (NTA) released NCHMCT JEE 2020...
NCHMCT JEE Sample Papers 2020 - Those students who wish to appear for NCHMCT JEE, they must pract...
NCHMCT JEE Participating Institutes 2020 - Know all about NCHMCT JEE participating institutes suc...
According to the information available on the official website NCHM JEE 2020 will be held on 25th April 2020. If there is any change in the exam dates it will be available in the official website. NHTET April 2020 has been rescheduled from 11th April to 9th May 2020.
Please visit the official site for more details :
It will help you to know the level of the questions. NCHM JEE is for a course that prepares you for a vital part of the hospitality sector. Interpersonal skills are something that you can not do without in this industry. Here are some preparation tips you can follow:
The Aptitude for Service Sector section of NCHM JEE aims to test if you possess these skills. This is the only section that has no negative marking. The best way to crack this is to remain true to yourself and answer as per your personal judgement.
Attempt previous year sample papers.
Give mocks both online-offline
Analyze your mocks-know your weak and strength areas
Keep practicing and follow a routine sincerely
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) entrance examination will be conducted by National Testing Agency(NTA) on 25th April.
Link for application form for NCHMCT entrance exam is given below :-
Link :- https://testservices.nic.in/ExamSys/Registration/Instruction.aspx
Fir more information about NCHMCT read this
I hope this answer helps you.
Your NCHM JEE brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile