About PUTHAT 2021
Panjab University will conduct Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admissions to hospitality and tourism courses under the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM). PUTHAT 2021 application form will be released in the last week of March 2021. Candidates applying for PUTHAT 2021 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of PUTHAT at every stage of the admission process. The basic PUTHAT eligibility criteria is to have passed class 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), New Delhi or its equivalent examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council. PUTHAT 2021 admit card will be released in the first week of May 2021. PUTHAT 2021 will be conducted in the second week of May 2021. The result of PUTHAT is declared in the last week of May 2021. PUTHAT is conducted once in a year for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM). However last year due to covid-19, the admissions were granted on the basis of merit. BHMCT is a four year programme having 60 seats for Indian aspirants and 06 NRI seats. While in BTTM there are 30 seats for Indians and 03 NRI seats.
What is PUTHAT?
PUTHAT 2021 stands for Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test 2021. The official notification for this examination will be released by the Panjab University, Chandigarh soon. This examination is a gateway for admission to Bachelor of hotel management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM). The entrance test is conducted at Chandigarh only.
PUTHAT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test|
|Short Exam Name||PUTHAT|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||99 Seats|
PUTHAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The terms of the PUTHAT 2021 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the exam have been listed below.
- Candidates appearing in PUTHAT 2021 are required to qualify in Class 12 or Higher Secondary exam conducted by a recognized University/Board/Council on or before the academic session of 2021-23
- Candidates also must qualify the Class 12 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45%marks for BC/ST/SC/PwD candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.
PUTHAT Eligibility Criteria 2021- Who are not eligible to apply?
- Candidates completing their Class 12 from Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible to apply for PUTHAT 2021 as this institution is not recognized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- In addition, the eligibility of candidates completing their Higher Secondary exam under Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi is subject to verification as per the PUTHAT eligibility criteria 2021.
PUTHAT 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
Candidates seeking admission to PUTHAT 2021 and fulfilling the required eligibility criteria have to fill the PUTHAT 2021 application form to be able to appear in the entrance examination. Candidates can check the steps listed below in order to complete the application process.
- Aspirants need to click on the 'Registration' link that will be provided on the official website of PUTHAT 2021 and fill in the registration details.
- Candidates must note that all the required information needs to be provided and has to correct as there will be no provision of adding or rectifying any information at a later stage.
- Once the registration process is complete, applicants receive their login Id and password on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
- The Login id and password should be noted down by the candidates for future reference and can be used to download the bank challan.
- The fee for PUTHAT application fee 2021 needs to be paid via the bank challan, at any branch of the State Bank of India, one day after the generation of the same. The fee for PUTHAT application form 2021 is non-refundable.
- After about 24 hours of deposition of the application fee for PUTHAT 2021, candidates need to login to the application form of PUTHAT 2021 and need to fill in other requisite information along with uploading of the photograph and signature.
- Candidates, after filling in all the details, need to click on the 'Save and Confirm" button so as to finally submit the application form. It is also important to note that after this step no changes can be made to PUTHAT application form 2021
|General||PWD||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 2175|
|SC, ST||PWD||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1088|
PUTHAT 2021 Syllabus
Current affairs and general awareness
Hospitality industry awareness
PUTHAT 2021 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT 2021 is the common entrance examination for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management courses. The exam pattern of PUTHAT 2021 can be checked below.
|Examination Mode||Pen and paper based (offline)|
|Duration of examination||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +1 mark, Incorrect Answer: -1/4 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
PUTHAT 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PUTHAT 2021 Admit Card
- Aadhar card/Identity Card
- Passport size Photograph
PUTHAT 2021 Cutoff
Candidates appearing in PUTHAT will have to meet the PUTHAT cutoff 2021 so as to qualify in the examination. Candidates securing the minimum marks according to PUTHAT 2021 cutoff will be included the merit list released by the Punjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff of PUTHAT 2021 will be eligible to attend the counselling process. However, the admission of the candidates securing the PUTHAT cutoff 2021 will be according to the merit rank obtained in the examination. The PUTHAT 2021 cutoff will be different for various categories and has been mentioned in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Classes /Persons With Disability||10%|
Qualifying Marks Trend
PUTHAT 2021 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be able to attend the PUTHAT counselling 2021. The mode of PUTHAT 2021 counselling will be offline. All qualified candidates will be required to report physically at University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Chandigarh to attend the counselling of PUTHAT 2021. It is important that candidates carry all the required documents while attending PUTHAT counselling 2021. Candidates will be called for counselling of PUTHAT 2021 according to the rank obtained in the merit list. Admission of candidates through PUTHAT counselling will be subject to availability of seats and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
PUTHAT 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit Card of PUTHAT 2021
- Duly filled PUTHAT 2021 Admission Form
- Class 10 or Birth Certificate (As proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- SC/ST/PwD cerificate (as applicable)
- Demand Draft of the presribed fee in favour of "Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh", payable at Chandigarh
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Can application form of PUTHAT be submitted directly?
No the application form has to be submitted online via the official website, though fee can be paid via offline or online mode
Question: What is the last date to fill the application form of PUTHAT 2021?
The last date to fill the application form is yet to be announced.
Question: What are the courses to which admission is offered through PUTHAT?
Panjab University conducts the Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
Questions related to PUTHAT
What book should be recommanded for PUTHAT??
First of all it is necessary to be aware clearly of the syllabus you have to cover.
The questions will be asked from English Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Current Affairs and General Awareness,Hospitality industry awareness . The books you can refer to are:
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations (English)
- Pearson’s English
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucent’s GK
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- 501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Book
There are very less questions in PUTHAT sample paper which I have downloaded ,and only one sample paper is available for us..
In case you have not downloaded these sample papers of PUTHAT, please check here-
Let me also clear you with the benefits you will have of solving the sample papers from Careers360-
The sample paper of PUTHAT 2020 will help you know the variants of questions which could be asked in the exam. Also, practicing these will enable you to increase your efficiency which would be beneficial on the D-day in order to score high marks.