About PUTHAT 2019
The conducting body for the Punjab University Tourism and Hospital Aptitude Test or PUTHAT 2019 is Punjab University. PUTHAT is a yearly entrance examination conducted for admission to graduate courses of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Tourism and Travel Management. Candidates seeking admission to these courses under the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM) are required to apply to PUTHAT 2019. Aspirants will be applying to about 90 seats (additional 9 seats for NRIs) through PUTHAT 2019. Admission of candidates to both these courses will be entirely based on merit (rank) obtained in the entrance examination of PUTHAT 2019.
|Exam level:||University Level Exam|
|Frequency:||Once a year|
|Conducting Body:||Panjab University|
|Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
Download all details about PUTHAT 2019Download Brochure
PUTHAT 2019 Important Dates
PUTHAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The terms of the PUTHAT 2019 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the exam have been listed below.
- Candidates appearing in PUTHAT 2019 are required to qualify in Class 12 or Higher Secondary exam conducted by a recognized University/Board/Council on or before the academic session of 2018-2019.
- Candidates also must qualify the Class 12 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45%marks for BC/ST/SC/PwD candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.
PUTHAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 - Who are not eligible to apply?
- Candidates completing their Class 12 from Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible to apply for PUTHAT 2019 as this institution is not recognized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- In addition, the eligibility of candidates completing their Higher Secondary exam under Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi is subject to verification as per the PUTHAT eligibility criteria 2019.
PUTHAT 2019 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Bank Challan
|General, OBC||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 2100|
|General, OBC||PWD||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1050|
Candidates seeking admission to PUTHAT 2019 and fulfilling the required eligibility criteria are required to fill in the PUTHAT 2019 application form to be able to appear in the entrance examination. The application form of PUTHAT 2019 will be available online and candidates can check the steps listed below in order to complete the application process.
- Aspirants will need to click on the 'Registration' link that will be provided on the official website of PUTHAT 2019 and fill in the registration details.
- Candidates must note that all the required information needs to be provided and has to correct as there will be no provision of adding or rectifying any information at a later stage.
- Once the registration process is complete, applicants will receive their Login Id and Password on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
- The Login id and password should be noted down by the candidates for future reference and can be used to download the bank challan.
- The fee for PUTHAT application fee 2019 needs to be paid via the bank challan, at any branch of the State Bank of India, one day after the generation of the same. The fee for PUTHAT application form 2019 will be non-refundable.
- After about 24 hours of deposition of the application fee for PUTHAT 2019, candidates need to login to the application form of PUTHAT 2019 and need to fill in other requisite information along with uploading of the photograph and signature.
- Candidates, after filling in all the details, need to click on the 'Save and Confirm" button so as to finally submit the application form. It is also important t note that after this step no changes can be made to PUTHAT application form 2019
PUTHAT E-books and Sample Papers
PUTHAT 2019 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT 2019 will be the common entrance examination for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management courses. The exam pattern of PUTHAT 2019 can be checked below.
|Examination Mode||Pen and paper based (offline)|
|Duration of examination||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +1 mark, Incorrect Answer: -1/4 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
PUTHAT 2019 Admit Card
Punjab University will release the PUTHAT admit card 2019. Candidates who will successfully fill in the application form by paying the requisite application fee will be issued PUTHAT 2019 admit card. The admit card of PUTHAT 2019 will be available in the online mode. Candidates will need to click on the 'Admit Card' link on the official website and download it by entering their Login Id and password. Candidates must note that mere issuance of PUTHAT 2019 admit card does not guarantee admission, as the admission of the candidates is subject to their qualifying the entrance test and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria. It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry the admit card with them to the examination hall and also keep it with them for the process of counselling.
PUTHAT 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PUTHAT 2019 Admit Card
PUTHAT 2019 Result
PUTHAT result 2019 will be declared in the online mode by Punjab University. PUTHAT 2019 result can be viewed by the candidates by entering their Login id and password from the official website of the same. The result of PUTHAT 2019 does not entitle any candidate admission to courses under UIHTM. The PUTHAT 2019 result of candidates not meeting the required eligibility criteria or candidates furnishing false information will automatically stand cancelled. Candidates appearing in the entrance examination will also have the provision of verifying their PUTHAT result 2019, within ten days of the declaration of the same, upon paying a sum of INR 10,000/- wherein, they will be provided with a photocopy of their answer sheet. In case, a discrepancy is found in the PUTHAT 2019 result of the concerned candidate, the result will be revised and the verification fee will be remitted.
PUTHAT 2019 Cutoff
Candidates appearing in PUTHAT will have to meet the PUTHAT cutoff 2019 so as to qualify in the examination. Candidates securing the minimum marks according to PUTHAT 2019 cutoff will be included the merit list released by the Punjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff of PUTHAT 2019 will be eligible to attend the counselling process. However, the admission of the candidates securing the PUTHAT cutoff 2019 will be according to the merit rank obtained in the examination. The PUTHAT 2019 cutoff will be different for various categories and has been mentioned in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Classes /Persons With Disability||10%|
Qualifying Marks Trend
PUTHAT 2019 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be able to attend the PUTHAT counselling 2019. The mode of PUTHAT 2019 counselling will be offline. All qualified candidates will be required to report physically at University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Chandigarh to attend the counselling of PUTHAT 2019. It is important that candidates carry all the required documents while attending PUTHAT counselling 2019. Candidates will be called for counselling of PUTHAT 2019 according to the rank obtained in the merit list. Admission of candidates through PUTHAT counselling will be subject to availability of seats and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
PUTHAT 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit Card of PUTHAT 2019
- Duly filled PUTHAT 2019 Admission Form
- Class 10 or Birth Certificate (As proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- SC/ST/PwD cerificate (as applicable)
- Demand Draft of the presribed fee in favour of "Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh", payable at Chandigarh
Questions related to PUTHAT
News and Articles
PUTHAT 2019 - Panjab University will conduct PUTHAT in offline mode in first week of Ma...
PUTHAT 2014 Counselling
PUTHAT 2014 Counselling- The counselling procedure of PUTHAT 2014 will start on June 19...
PUTHAT 2014 Answer Key
PUTHAT 2014 Answer Key- Candidates can download the answer key with solutions of PUTHAT...
PUTHAT 2014 Result
PUTHAT 2014 Result- Result of PUTHAT2014 will be declared between May 21, 2014 and May ...
PUTHAT 2014 Written Exam Conducted on May 11
PUTHAT 2014 Exam– The exam was conducted on May 11 by Panjab University to offer admiss...
PUTHAT 2014 Admit Card
PUTHAT 2014 Admit Card – Candidates can download their PUTHAT 2014 Admit Card from here...
PUTHAT 2014 Eligibility
PUTHAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria - Chick here for eligibility criteria of PUTHAT 2014 ...
PUTHAT 2014 Application Form
PUTHAT 2014 Online Application- Candidate can get all information of Online Application...
PUTHAT 2014 Paper Pattern
PUTHAT 2014 Paper Pattern –check here to know about the Paper/Exam Pattern of PUTHAT 20...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile