- Hospitality and Tourism Exams
- PUTHAT Exam
PUTHAT 2022 - Counselling (Started), Important Dates, Exam, Result, Cutoff, Answer Key
Latest Update for PUTHAT
- 16 Jun 2022:
PUTHAT 2022 registration to close today. Fill PUTHAT application form here.
- 30 Jun 2021:
PUTHAT 2021 registration has started. Click here to apply.
Stay up-to date with PUTHAT News
About PUTHAT 2023
PUTHAT 2023: Panjab University, Chandigarh will issue a notification regarding the release of PUTHAT 2023 application form in the first week of February in online mode. The application form of PUTHAT 2023 will be available on the website, puthat.puchd.ac.in, from March 2023.
Candidates who wish to take admission in the courses offered by Panjab University need to appear in the PUTHAT exam 2023. In order to appear they must ensure that they fulfill the PUTHAT 2023 eligibility criteria. The qualified candidates in Panjab University admission test or PUTHAT 2023 will be called for the counselling process. Panjab University, Chandigarh conducts the Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admissions to hospitality and tourism courses under the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM). PUTHAT is conducted once a year for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM). BHMCT is a four-year programme having 60 seats for Indian aspirants, 06 NRI seats and 3 foreign nationals seats. While in BTTM there are 30 seats for Indians, 03 NRI and 2 for foreign nationals seats.
If a candidate is found not to be meeting PUTHAT 2023 eligibility criteria at every stage of the admission process, their selection will be cancelled. The basic PUTHAT exam eligibility criteria is to have passed class 10+2 from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, or its equivalent examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council.
PUTHAT 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test|
|Short Exam Name||PUTHAT|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2175 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||99 Seats|
PUTHAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The PUTHAT 2023 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the exam have been listed below.
- Candidates appearing in PUTHAT exam 2023 are required to qualify in Class 12 or Higher Secondary exam conducted by a recognized University/Board/Council on or before the academic session of 2022-24.
- Candidates also must qualify the Class 12 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45%marks for BC/ST/SC/PwD candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.
PUTHAT Eligibility Criteria 2023- Who are not eligible to apply?
- Candidates completing their Class 12 from Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible to apply for PUTHAT 2023 as this institution is not recognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- In addition, the eligibility of candidates completing their Higher Secondary exam under Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi is subject to verification as per the PUTHAT eligibility criteria 2023.
PUTHAT 2023 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
Candidates seeking admission to PUTHAT 2023 and fulfilling the required eligibility criteria have to fill out the PUTHAT 2023 application form to be able to appear in the entrance examination. PUTHAT 2023 registration will begin in online mode. The last date for registration for PUTHAT 2023 to generate user ID and password and the last date for fee payment will also be notified. Candidates who have not completed their PUTHAT form but have paid the requisite fee can complete their form (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) by paying a late fee of Rs. 500/-.
Candidates can check the steps listed below to complete the PUTHAT application process.
- Aspirants need to click on the 'Registration' link provided on the official website, puthat.puchd.ac.in and fill in the registration details.
- Candidates must note that all the required information needs to be provided and has to correct as there will be no provision of adding or rectifying any information at a later stage.
- Once the registration process is complete, applicants receive their login Id and password on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
- The candidates should note the Login id and password for future reference and can be used to download the bank challan.
- The fee for PUTHAT application fee 2023 needs to be paid via the bank challan, at any branch of the State Bank of India, one day after the generation of the same. The fee for the PUTHAT application form 2023 is non-refundable.
- After about 24 hours of deposition of the PUTHAT application fee, candidates need to log in to the application form of PUTHAT and need to fill in other requisite information along with uploading the photograph and signature.
- After filling in all the details, candidates need to click on the 'Save and Confirm" button to finally submit the application form. It is also important to note that after this step no changes can be made to the PUTHAT application form 2023.
|SC, ST||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 1088|
|EWS, OBC, General||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 2175|
|EWS, OBC, General||PWD||Online||Male, Female||₹ 1088|
PUTHAT 2023 Syllabus
Current affairs and general awareness
Hospitality industry awareness
PUTHAT 2023 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT is the common entrance examination for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management courses. The exam pattern of PUTHAT 2023 exam can be checked below.
|Examination Mode||Pen and paper-based (offline)|
|Duration of examination||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice/Single best response|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct answer: +1 mark, Incorrect answer: -1/4 marks, Unanswered question: 0 marks|
PUTHAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for PUTHAT 2023 will be issued to only those candidates who have successfully registered and made the fee payment for the exam. PUTHAT admit card 2023 will be issued in online mode only. Candidates must note that the admit card of PUTHAT won't be sent by the authorities either through post or courier. The steps to download the admit card are mentioned below:
Step 1 - Click on the official link to be provided.
Step 2 - Enter your login ID and password.
Step 3 - The admit card of PUTHAT 2023 will appear on the screen.
Step 4 - Download the PUTHAT admit card.
Step 5 - Take the printout of the admit card and keep it for future reference.
PUTHAT 2023 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PUTHAT 2023 Admit Card
- Aadhar card/Identity Card
- Passport size Photograph
PUTHAT 2023 Result
Candidates can download their PUTHAT 2023 results on the official website, results.puexam.in. The PUTHAT 2023 result will be declared in July. Check all essential detail concerned with the PUTHAT scorecard. The steps to check the PUTHAT result 2023 are:
- Candidates have to login into the official website with the registration Id and Password.
- Candidates have to enter their roll number to open the PUTHAT scorecard
- The result contains the score that the candidate score in the examination with rank.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout copy of the result.
PUTHAT 2023 Cutoff
Candidates appearing in PUTHAT will have to meet the PUTHAT cutoff 2023 so as to qualify in the examination. Candidates securing the minimum marks according to the PUTHAT cutoff will be included the merit list released by the Punjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff of PUTHAT will be eligible to attend the counselling process. However, the admission of the candidates clearing the PUTHAT cutoff will be according to the merit rank obtained in the examination. The PUTHAT 2023 cutoff will be different for various categories and has been mentioned in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Classes /Persons With Disability||10%|
PUTHAT 2023 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be able to attend the PUTHAT counselling 2023. The mode of PUTHAT 2023 counselling is offline. All qualified candidates will be required to report physically at the University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Chandigarh to attend the counselling of the PUTHAT exam 2023. It is important that candidates carry all the required documents while attending PUTHAT counselling. Candidates will be called for counselling of PUTHAT according to the rank obtained in the merit list. Admission of candidates through PUTHAT counselling will be subject to availability of seats and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria. Date of PUTHAT counselling will be notified.
PUTHAT 2023 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card of PUTHAT 2023
- Duly filled PUTHAT 2023 admission form
- Class 10 or Birth Certificate (As proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- SC/ST/PwD cerificate (as applicable)
- Demand Draft of the presribed fee in favour of "Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh", payable at Chandigarh
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Is there a negative marking in PUTHAT?
Yes +1 mark is provided for every correct answer while -0.25 mark is deducted for every incorrect choice.
Question:What will be the mode of the examination?
The PUTHAT exam will be conducted in an offline mode i.e. a pen and paper-based test.
Question:What are the courses to which admission is offered through PUTHAT?
Panjab University conducts the Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM).
Question:What is the last date to fill the application form of PUTHAT 2023?
PUTHAT 2023 application form last date is yet to be notified.
Question:Can application form of PUTHAT be submitted directly?
No the application form has to be submitted online via the official website, though fee can be paid via offline or online mode.
Questions related to PUTHAT
What book should be recommanded for PUTHAT??
First of all it is necessary to be aware clearly of the syllabus you have to cover.
The questions will be asked from English Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Current Affairs and General Awareness,Hospitality industry awareness . The books you can refer to are:
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations (English)
- Pearson’s English
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucent’s GK
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- 501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Book
There are very less questions in PUTHAT sample paper which I have downloaded ,and only one sample paper is available for us..
In case you have not downloaded these sample papers of PUTHAT, please check here-
Let me also clear you with the benefits you will have of solving the sample papers from Careers360-
The sample paper of PUTHAT 2020 will help you know the variants of questions which could be asked in the exam. Also, practicing these will enable you to increase your efficiency which would be beneficial on the D-day in order to score high marks.