About PUTHAT 2020
Panjab University will conduct Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) admissions directly as per the revised exam date. Panjab University conducts the Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) once in a year for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM). Candidates seeking admission to these courses under the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM) are required to apply to PUTHAT 2020. However this year due to covid-19, the admissions are granted on the basis of merit. The last date to fill the application form for the entrance test was August 19, 2020. However candidates could deposit the fee till August 21, 2020 in online mode. The admission form was available in online mode from August 26, 2020. The first round of counselling will be conducted on September 19, 2020. Aspirants will be applying to about 90 seats (additional 9 seats for NRIs) through PUTHAT 2020. Admission of candidates to both these courses will be entirely based on merit (rank) obtained in the entrance examination of PUTHAT 2020.
PUTHAT Latest News/Updates
August 17: PUTHAT 2020- Change in admission policy- no entrance exam
July 09, 2020: PUTHAT 2020 registration date extended- Revised schedule out
Candidates are required to login and download admission form, fill all the details and submit the same to e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org before September 05 till 4.00 pm with all related documents (10+2 DMC, Caste certificate, character certificate and PUTHAT registration form etc). The first round of PUTHAT counselling is to be conducted on September 19, 2020.
PUTHAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test|
|Short Exam Name||PUTHAT|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||99 Seats|
PUTHAT 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
19 Sep, 2020
Counselling - Start Date | Mode: Online
26 Aug, 2020
Admission Form - Start Date | Mode: Online
24 Mar, 2020 - 21 Aug, 2020
Last date to deposit fee in online mode | Mode: Online
24 Mar, 2020 - 19 Aug, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
PUTHAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The terms of the PUTHAT 2020 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the exam have been listed below.
- Candidates appearing in PUTHAT 2020 are required to qualify in Class 12 or Higher Secondary exam conducted by a recognized University/Board/Council on or before the academic session of 2019-2020.
- Candidates also must qualify the Class 12 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45%marks for BC/ST/SC/PwD candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.
PUTHAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 - Who are not eligible to apply?
- Candidates completing their Class 12 from Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible to apply for PUTHAT 2020 as this institution is not recognized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- In addition, the eligibility of candidates completing their Higher Secondary exam under Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi is subject to verification as per the PUTHAT eligibility criteria 2020.
PUTHAT 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
Candidates seeking admission to PUTHAT 2020 and fulfilling the required eligibility criteria are required to fill in the PUTHAT 2020 application form to be able to appear in the entrance examination. Candidates can check the steps listed below in order to complete the application process.
- Aspirants need to click on the 'Registration' link that will be provided on the official website of PUTHAT 2020 and fill in the registration details.
- Candidates must note that all the required information needs to be provided and has to correct as there will be no provision of adding or rectifying any information at a later stage.
- Once the registration process is complete, applicants receive their login Id and password on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
- The Login id and password should be noted down by the candidates for future reference and can be used to download the bank challan.
- The fee for PUTHAT application fee 2020 needs to be paid via the bank challan, at any branch of the State Bank of India, one day after the generation of the same. The fee for PUTHAT application form 2020 is non-refundable.
- After about 24 hours of deposition of the application fee for PUTHAT 2020, candidates need to login to the application form of PUTHAT 2020 and need to fill in other requisite information along with uploading of the photograph and signature.
- Candidates, after filling in all the details, need to click on the 'Save and Confirm" button so as to finally submit the application form. It is also important to note that after this step no changes can be made to PUTHAT application form 2020
|General||PWD||Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2175|
|ST, SC||PWD||Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1088|
PUTHAT 2020 Syllabus
Current affairs and general awareness
Hospitality industry awareness
PUTHAT 2020 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT 2020 is the common entrance examination for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management courses. The exam pattern of PUTHAT 2020 can be checked below.
|Examination Mode||Pen and paper based (offline)|
|Duration of examination||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +1 mark, Incorrect Answer: -1/4 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
PUTHAT 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PUTHAT 2020 Admit Card
- Aadhar card/Identity Card
- Passport size Photograph
PUTHAT 2020 Cutoff
Candidates appearing in PUTHAT will have to meet the PUTHAT cutoff 2020 so as to qualify in the examination. Candidates securing the minimum marks according to PUTHAT 2020 cutoff will be included the merit list released by the Punjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff of PUTHAT 2020 will be eligible to attend the counselling process. However, the admission of the candidates securing the PUTHAT cutoff 2020 will be according to the merit rank obtained in the examination. The PUTHAT 2020 cutoff will be different for various categories and has been mentioned in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Classes /Persons With Disability||10%|
Qualifying Marks Trend
PUTHAT 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be able to attend the PUTHAT counselling 2020. The mode of PUTHAT 2020 counselling will be offline. All qualified candidates will be required to report physically at University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Chandigarh to attend the counselling of PUTHAT 2020. It is important that candidates carry all the required documents while attending PUTHAT counselling 2020. Candidates will be called for counselling of PUTHAT 2020 according to the rank obtained in the merit list. Admission of candidates through PUTHAT counselling will be subject to availability of seats and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
PUTHAT 2020 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit Card of PUTHAT 2020
- Duly filled PUTHAT 2020 Admission Form
- Class 10 or Birth Certificate (As proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- SC/ST/PwD cerificate (as applicable)
- Demand Draft of the presribed fee in favour of "Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh", payable at Chandigarh
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Can application form of PUTHAT be submitted directly?
No the application form has to be submitted online via the official website, though fee can be paid via offline or online mode
Question: What is the last date to fill the application form of PUTHAT 2020?
The last date to fill the application form is August 19, 2020.
Question: What are the courses to which admission is offered through PUTHAT?
Panjab University conducts the Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission into Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
Questions related to PUTHAT
What book should be recommanded for PUTHAT??
First of all it is necessary to be aware clearly of the syllabus you have to cover.
The questions will be asked from English Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Current Affairs and General Awareness,Hospitality industry awareness . The books you can refer to are:
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations (English)
- Pearson’s English
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucent’s GK
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- 501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Book
There are very less questions in PUTHAT sample paper which I have downloaded ,and only one sample paper is available for us..
In case you have not downloaded these sample papers of PUTHAT, please check here-
Let me also clear you with the benefits you will have of solving the sample papers from Careers360-
The sample paper of PUTHAT 2020 will help you know the variants of questions which could be asked in the exam. Also, practicing these will enable you to increase your efficiency which would be beneficial on the D-day in order to score high marks.