About PUTHAT 2020
Panjab University will conduct Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) in offline mode on July 30, 2020. PUTHAT is a yearly entrance examination conducted for admission to graduate courses of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Tourism and Travel Management. Candidates seeking admission to these courses under the University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM) are required to apply to PUTHAT 2020. The last date to fill the application form for the entrance test is June 26. The admit card will be available in online mode on July 17, 2020. The result will be declared between August 12 to August 14, 2020. Aspirants will be applying to about 90 seats (additional 9 seats for NRIs) through PUTHAT 2020. Admission of candidates to both these courses will be entirely based on merit (rank) obtained in the entrance examination of PUTHAT 2020.
PUTHAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test|
|Short Exam Name||PUTHAT|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||99 Seats|
PUTHAT 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
24 Mar, 2020 - 26 Jun, 2020
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
17 Jul, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
21 Jul, 2020
Late Fee Application - Start Date | Mode: Online
30 Jul, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
12 Aug, 2020 - 14 Aug, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
PUTHAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The terms of the PUTHAT 2020 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the exam have been listed below.
- Candidates appearing in PUTHAT 2020 are required to qualify in Class 12 or Higher Secondary exam conducted by a recognized University/Board/Council on or before the academic session of 2019-2020.
- Candidates also must qualify the Class 12 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45%marks for BC/ST/SC/PwD candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.
PUTHAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 - Who are not eligible to apply?
- Candidates completing their Class 12 from Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad are not eligible to apply for PUTHAT 2020 as this institution is not recognized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- In addition, the eligibility of candidates completing their Higher Secondary exam under Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi is subject to verification as per the PUTHAT eligibility criteria 2020.
PUTHAT 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
Candidates seeking admission to PUTHAT 2020 and fulfilling the required eligibility criteria are required to fill in the PUTHAT 2020 application form to be able to appear in the entrance examination. Candidates can check the steps listed below in order to complete the application process.
- Aspirants need to click on the 'Registration' link that will be provided on the official website of PUTHAT 2020 and fill in the registration details.
- Candidates must note that all the required information needs to be provided and has to correct as there will be no provision of adding or rectifying any information at a later stage.
- Once the registration process is complete, applicants receive their login Id and password on their registered email IDs and mobile numbers.
- The Login id and password should be noted down by the candidates for future reference and can be used to download the bank challan.
- The fee for PUTHAT application fee 2020 needs to be paid via the bank challan, at any branch of the State Bank of India, one day after the generation of the same. The fee for PUTHAT application form 2020 is non-refundable.
- After about 24 hours of deposition of the application fee for PUTHAT 2020, candidates need to login to the application form of PUTHAT 2020 and need to fill in other requisite information along with uploading of the photograph and signature.
- Candidates, after filling in all the details, need to click on the 'Save and Confirm" button so as to finally submit the application form. It is also important to note that after this step no changes can be made to PUTHAT application form 2020
|General||PWD||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 2175|
|SC, ST||PWD||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1088|
PUTHAT 2020 Syllabus
Current affairs and general awareness
Hospitality industry awareness
PUTHAT 2020 Exam Pattern
PUTHAT 2020 is the common entrance examination for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management courses. The exam pattern of PUTHAT 2020 can be checked below.
|Examination Mode||Pen and paper based (offline)|
|Duration of examination||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice/Single Best Response|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +1 mark, Incorrect Answer: -1/4 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
PUTHAT 2020 Admit Card
Punjab University will release the PUTHAT admit card 2020 on July 17, 2020. Candidates who will successfully fill in the application form by paying the requisite application fee will be issued PUTHAT 2020 admit card. The admit card of PUTHAT 2020 will be available in the online mode. Candidates will need to click on the 'Admit Card' link on the official website and download it by entering their Login Id and password. Candidates must note that mere issuance of PUTHAT 2020 admit card does not guarantee admission, as the admission of the candidates is subject to their qualifying the entrance test and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria. It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry the admit card with them to the examination hall and also keep it with them for the process of counselling.
PUTHAT 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- PUTHAT 2020 Admit Card
- Aadhar card/Identity Card
- Passport size Photograph
PUTHAT 2020 Result
PUTHAT result 2020 will be declared in the online mode by Punjab University between August 12 to August 14, 2020. PUTHAT 2020 result can be viewed by the candidates by entering their Login id and password from the official website of the same. The result of PUTHAT 2020 does not entitle any candidate admission to courses under UIHTM. The PUTHAT 2020 result of candidates not meeting the required eligibility criteria or candidates furnishing false information will automatically stand cancelled. Candidates appearing in the entrance examination will also have the provision of verifying their PUTHAT result 2020, within ten days of the declaration of the same, upon paying a sum of INR 10,000/- wherein, they will be provided with a photocopy of their answer sheet. In case, a discrepancy is found in the PUTHAT 2020 result of the concerned candidate, the result will be revised and the verification fee will be remitted.
PUTHAT 2020 Cutoff
Candidates appearing in PUTHAT will have to meet the PUTHAT cutoff 2020 so as to qualify in the examination. Candidates securing the minimum marks according to PUTHAT 2020 cutoff will be included the merit list released by the Punjab University. Candidates meeting the cutoff of PUTHAT 2020 will be eligible to attend the counselling process. However, the admission of the candidates securing the PUTHAT cutoff 2020 will be according to the merit rank obtained in the examination. The PUTHAT 2020 cutoff will be different for various categories and has been mentioned in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Classes /Persons With Disability||10%|
Qualifying Marks Trend
PUTHAT 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be able to attend the PUTHAT counselling 2020. The mode of PUTHAT 2020 counselling will be offline. All qualified candidates will be required to report physically at University Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Chandigarh to attend the counselling of PUTHAT 2020. It is important that candidates carry all the required documents while attending PUTHAT counselling 2020. Candidates will be called for counselling of PUTHAT 2020 according to the rank obtained in the merit list. Admission of candidates through PUTHAT counselling will be subject to availability of seats and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
PUTHAT 2020 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit Card of PUTHAT 2020
- Duly filled PUTHAT 2020 Admission Form
- Class 10 or Birth Certificate (As proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- SC/ST/PwD cerificate (as applicable)
- Demand Draft of the presribed fee in favour of "Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh", payable at Chandigarh
Questions related to PUTHAT
What book should be recommanded for PUTHAT??
To crack the Puthat exam you must know the syllabus it consists of English aptitude, current affairs and general awareness, reasoning,hospitality industry awareness
For gk you can easily general awareness by manohar pandey, Lucent gk go through the books, for reasoning -verbal and non-verbal reasoning by rs aggarwal and for English you can choose objective general english by s.p. bakshi,arihant general english for all competitive examinations.
There are very less questions in PUTHAT sample paper which I have downloaded ,and only one sample paper is available for us..
Solving sample question papers will help you to understand the question paper pattern and also increase your speed and accuracy. Please click the below link for sample question paper for PUTHAT