Best Hospitality Management Courses that give you edge - Hospitality Management is one of the booming courses in India. Candidates aspiring to make a career must know the best courses of hospitality management that give you edge. As it is a tradition of India and Indians live by their code of “Atithi Devo Bhava”, hospitality and catering to the needs of guests will always be in business. There are a number of institutes that offer you multiple courses in hospitality management. However, for admission to top-notch colleges in India that ensure you with a promising career, most candidates seek admission through NCHM JEE, a national level entrance examination. The National Testing Agency conducts the National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination(NCHM JEE) for admission to B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc.HHA) across the country. But apart from this course, let us learn in detail about the best hospitality management courses that give you edge.
Latest: [Want to Know Colleges, Specialization to Apply on the basis of your NCHM JEE Scores, Click here]
Hospitality is a vast sector and can open new doors for you.While NCHMCT JEE 2020 scheduled on April 25, 2020 this year, is the most common entrance examination for procuring a seat in the top level IHM’s, there are many other national level, university and state level entrance examinations. There are even hotel run entrance exams candidates can opt for. Some of these top hotel management entrance exams in India are AIMA UGAT, UPSEE BHMCT, AIHMCT WAT, MAH CET HM, PUTHAT , IPU CET, etc.
Know your admission chances
The hospitality and hotel management course list is wide-ranging from degree courses to diploma and certification courses. Amidst these many courses, which hotel management course after class 12 must be chosen is the factor that determines your success the most.There are a number of institutes around the country that can offer you education in hospitality and tourism management but it is necessary to know the best hospitality management courses 2020.
1. Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) : This is one of the most popular programmes pursued by hospitality and hotel management aspirants right after class 12. BHM is an undergraduate course which is offered by most of the colleges for the span of three years. Students are taught on subjects like food and beverage preparation, housekeeping operations, accommodation operations, etc. The course also deals with allied areas such as HR management, marketing, finance, communication skills etc.
Eligibility Criteria - Candidate should have passed their 10+2 from a recognised board or equivalent. The maximum upper age limit for the general category is 22 years. However there is relaxation upto 25 years old for reserved categories.
Course Curriculum : BHM is a three year course in most of the colleges but it is also a a four year course in some colleges. The various subjects that are offered in hospitality and hotel management colleges in this course are:
Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism Industry
Food & Beverage Service
Fundamentals of Management
Kitchen Operations Management
Marketing and Human Resource Management
Front Office Operations
Global Food Trends
Travel & Tourism
Food Safety Management Systems
2. Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT): The major difference between BHM and BHMCT is the duration of the course. BHM is a three years course while BHMCT is a four years course. It includes theory as well as practical subjects. You are not just taught about hotel management but also about catering to the needs of guests as the name says catering technology. Many colleges even make it compulsory for candidates to take industrial training in order to acquire job skills that would help them in getting a job in the professional industry.
Eligibility Criteria : Candidates must have passed 10+2 in any stream Humanities, Science, Commerce with an aggregate of 50% marks from CBSE board or equivalent. Furthermore in order to get admission in the top level colleges, candidates need to appear for NCHM JEE and clear the entrance test.
Course Curriculum : BHMCT is a four year work intensive course. The syllabus of hotel management and catering technology as prescribed by various universities and colleges is:
Hotel related laws
Basic French for Hotel Industry
3. BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration(Bsc. HHA): The Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is a three year full time regular course. Bsc. HHA equips students with depth , knowledge, required skills and attitude to efficiently deliver supervisory responsibilities in the hospitality sector. It is also only one of the tourism studies that widens the scope of employment for you.
Eligibility Criteria: The minimum qualification for admission is the 10+2 system of CBSE or its equivalent with English as compulsory subjects. For General/OBC candidates, the upper age limit is 25 years while it is 28 Yrs for SC/ST candidates as on July 1st 2020.
Course Curriculum : The program of BSc. HHA includes the in-depth laboratory work for students in order to attain the required knowledge and skill standards in some of the key operational areas such as :
Basic Principles of Food Production
Introduction to Cookery
Hierarchy of Department and Kitchen
Aims & objectives of cooking food
Methods of cooking food
Housekeeping and Laundry Operations
Catering & F&B Management
Personality and Communication Development
Human Resource Planning and Management
4. BA in Hotel Management: The Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management is a four year undergraduate degree course. Admission will be offered to eligible candidates through entrance examination followed by the rounds of counseling.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates who acquire completion of 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational Board are eligible for BA in hotel management.
Course Curriculum : The curriculum of a hotel/ hospitality management course varies from college to college. The course syllabus for BA in Hotel Management is as follows:
Sales and marketing
Service keeping and catering
Food and Beverage
5. BBA in Hospitality and Tourism: Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality and Tourism is an undergraduate three year degree course. Students are imparted fundamental knowledge and some operational skills in the field of marketing, tourism, customer service, GDS facilities. This is a career oriented course that may open many employment opportunities for you. Students can expect anywhere between two to three lacs salary in this field.
Eligibility Criteria: The basic eligibility criteria to pursue this course is 10+2 qualification from a recognized board or equivalent.
Course Curriculum: The essential syllabus of BBA in Hospitality and Tourism is vast in a three year scope. The subjects which are taught are as follows:
Fundamentals of Travel and Tourism
Business Communication -I
Research Methodology and Report Writing
Consumer Behavior and Market Research
Business Economics II
Travel Agency and Tour Operations
Human Resource Management
Essentials of Strategy Management
Entrepreneurship & Venture Management
Food & Beverage Management
6. BA(Hons) in Culinary Arts: Bachelor of Arts Honours in Culinary Arts or BA(Hons) in Culinary Arts is an intensive four year degree hotel management undergraduate course. If you want to graduate with the ability to progress in the roles of kitchen management, food and beverage management, etc., this course will provide you with all those elements. It will help you in thriving in the culinary sector by imparting operational, management and technical skills.
Eligibility Criteria: The basic eligibility criteria to be qualified to pursue this course is 10+2 qualification from a recognized board or equivalent.
Course Curriculum: The syllabus of BA(Hons) in Culinary Arts as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges is:
Culinary Management Foundation
Food Production Operations
Hotel Interface / Hotel Exposure
Food and Beverage Operations
Nutrition, Health & Safety Management
Property Management Systems
Personal Development Planning (PDP)
Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibition Management (Open)
Facilities Management (Open)
Contemporary Gastronomy (Open)
Culinary Operations Management
Global Cuisine Management
Digital & Marketing Communication (Open)
Culinary Innovation Management (Open)
Global Events & Festivals (Open)
Corporate Governance (Open)
Thus in order to step into a better hospitality management career these are some of the best hospitality management courses that give you edge. You get to work on your planning, communication skills, management, problem-solving and teamwork throughout your study courses span of time.
What do you study in hotel management? Get to know BHM course overview in detail consisting of th...
Get to know the preparation tips that can help you in preparing for NCHM JEE 2020 during covid-19...
What are the top 10 essentials of a good hotel management college that you should look to before ...
NCHMCT JEE Rank Predictor 2020 - Students can use the rank predictor of NCHMCT JEE 2020 to predic...
NCHMCT JEE will start counselling from the fourth week of May . Check complete details related to...
Yes the dates of
NCHMCT JEE 2020
have been postponed. Earlier the last date to fill the application form was March 31, 2020. Now the date has been extended to April 30 amidst the covid-19 pandemic. Furthermore the exam of NCHM JEE will not be held now on April 25 instead in the third week of May 2020 tentatively. You can check the more proper description here:
NCHMCT JEE Important Dates 2021
NCHMCT JEE Application Form 2021
It will help you to know the level of the questions. NCHM JEE is for a course that prepares you for a vital part of the hospitality sector. Interpersonal skills are something that you can not do without in this industry. Here are some preparation tips you can follow:
The Aptitude for Service Sector section of NCHM JEE aims to test if you possess these skills. This is the only section that has no negative marking. The best way to crack this is to remain true to yourself and answer as per your personal judgement.
Attempt previous year sample papers.
Give mocks both online-offline
Analyze your mocks-know your weak and strength areas
Keep practicing and follow a routine sincerely
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) entrance examination will be conducted by National Testing Agency(NTA) on 25th April.
Link for application form for NCHMCT entrance exam is given below :-
Link :- https://testservices.nic.in/ExamSys/Registration/Instruction.aspx
Fir more information about NCHMCT read this
I hope this answer helps you.
Your NCHM JEE brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile